Get The Most Out Of Your Session! For your senior session we want you to look your best whether we’re shooting in a park or in downtown Dallas. To accomplish this I have a few suggestions to make your session the best it can be.
• Mascara – too much mascara and your lashes will look clumpy and actually make your eyes appear out of focus when in fact they’re not. Go easy for a more natural look.
• Nails (hands and feet if going barefoot or open toed shoes). Nails should be of the same color and recently done (or completely natural) for your senior session. One of the hardest things to fix in Photoshop is nails. Please also remember that some shades of green and blue tend to look more like a fungus and should be avoided.
• “The Shine” Yes the oily, shiny skin. Try to bring some oil absorbent pads. I try to carry some myself as well now as too much shine will cause your skin to lose most of its texture when editing it out.
• Wardrobe, bring different outfits if that’s your thing. Also, if you know where you’re going to college and have some clothing from there you might as well bring that along too.
• Park like settings will tend to look better with a more casual look while urban settings can get more formal. Don’t be afraid to break those rules though. Some places have water, prepared to at least get your feet wet.
• Steer clear of fluorescents. Fluorescent colors tend to put a color cast on faces, necks and hair. They can be harsh sometimes. I recommend versions of primary colors. Yellow (mustard), red (maroon, brick), and blue (navy, royal).
• Stay away from wearing a lot of green when having photos taken in grassy/wooded areas. It’s just too much green. Green as an accent color is great, though! You want to stand out amongst all the greenery you’re surrounded by.
• To get the flow going with wardrobe for your family, start with one outfit that you really like. From there, build from it for everyone else.
• Wear what you feel good in! If you aren’t comfortable in what you’ve chosen for pictures, it will show. If you can’t find a dress you feel good in, but you rock a good pair of skinny jeans, do that. If you can barely walk in heels, there’s no harm in doing cute and comfy flat boots or pretty sandals.
• Get your hair done a few days in advance rather than the day of so it will look it’s best on the day of your shoot.
• Guys, the 5 O’clock shadow or 1 or 2 day stubbly works for me if it works for your parents.
• Props, if you have them and want them by all means bring them. Pets as well just make sure you bring something to pick up after them just in case.